The newest lodge in Hwange, Camp Hwange lies in a private concession within the heart of Hwange National park overlooking a permanent waterhole.
Facilities at Camp Hwange include:
- The thatched main area of the lodge houses the relaxation and dining areas in front of a permanent waterhole, where many animals come to drink each day.
- Early mornings and late evenings are spent gathered around the all essential fire-pit, savouring a drink or an evening sundowner, preparing for the day ahead or regaling stories of the days game sightings.
- Camp Hwange can sleep up to 16 people in 8 comfortable tents that overlook a permanent waterhole.
- Each tent is comfortably decorated in modern African style. En suite facilities with solar panels provide abundant hot water.
Activities at Camp Hwange:
- The Camp Hwange ethos is that guest’s should feel immersed in the wild. As such there is a big emphasis on quality guiding with the main activity at Camp Hwange on walking safaris. You will track and follow big game and lesser species alike in the company of highly skilled and trained guides and trackers. Most walks start off with a drive to a pre determined designated area, where you will be briefed by your guide and then all set off on a safari walk.
- Game drives and night drives are undertaken in specially modified Land Rovers accompanied by a guide.
- There are no time restrictions on the game activities. The walks and game drives are not determined by meal times but by what you see in the bush. Hampers of refreshments and food accompany all excursions.