Miombo Safari Lodge has recently been given a new lease of life. New stilted and beautfully decorated chalets are set in and amongst the trees close to the lodges waterhole.
The lodge itself lies just outside the park within a private area. game drives are done in the national which is a short drive away. Being outside the park does not mean there are no animals around camp. The park has no fences and only the railway is the border.
In the winter months it is commom to have elephants, buffalo and other game coming passed your chalet on their way to the waterhole to drink.
Simon, the camp manager has been at Miombo for many years and he and the friendly camp staff will do all they can to make your stay a memorable one.
Facilities at Miombo:
- There are currently three stilted canvas chalets which have private en suite facilities and balcony.
- The tents are large enough to accommodate a family with 2 children.
- The honeymoon suite is set away from others for maximum privacy.
- Small safari chalets are available to guests who are looking for unfussy accommodation from which to explore the park.
- The camp has a swimming pool plus main area with boma and undercover dining facilities.