Step away from the main stream tourism of Victoria Falls town to a quiet retreat 21 kms upstream. Here, nestled on a private island within the Zambezi River, you will find the intimate Chundu Island Camp.
Owner run Chundu Island is the perfect alternative for guests who are looking for an authentic safari experience at Victoria Falls. The unique location of the camp affords the opportunity to fish for Tigers, go on game drives within the national Park or relax in perfect privacy.
Facilities at Chundu Island Camp include:
• Chundu Island Camp is the only lodge on Chundu Island and is only accessible by boat so guests are assured of complete privacy.
• Six comfortably decorated tented rooms with large outdoor en suite bathrooms. Each tent has its own verandah from which to admire the view of the Zambezi River and the Zambezi National Park beyond.
• The dining room, lounge and bar form the main area of the lodge. Here guests can also relax and unwind with a good book or cocktail.
Activities at Chundu Island Camp
• Game drives within the Zambezi National Park. The park has a full selection of wildlife and it's not uncommon to see elephant at the waters edge or to hear the roaring of lions in the evening.
• Go fishing for Tigers and other Zambezi fish species on the Chundu Island boat accompanied by your own fishing guide. Chundu Island Camp is one of the few lodges in Victoria Falls which is geared up for fishing.
• Victoria Falls activities. Chundu Island Camp is within reach of all the mainstream activities on offer in Victoria Falls. Guests wanting to go white river rafting, on a elephant back safari or whatever takes your fancy can be transferred to town as required.